After a hectic morning commute with the train briefly breaking down, I arrived at Arun's apartment feeling like an entire day had already gone by. Despite this, we powered on through the day and got an impressive amount of work done to cap off the week!
Let's take a quick recap on all the tasks we have finished over the past week and the current progress of the project.
CAD Team: Violet and Kiana
- Completed the CAD models for a handle and pulley.
- Finished recording the tutorials to make the handle and pulley.
- Went through the intro tutorial for Level 1.
- Started modeling the energy scooter parts for our final level CAD model.
- Completed a fully functional tutorial GUI complete with a next, back, and exit button.
- Incorporated her GUI tutorial scripts with Arun's Level animation scripts successfully.
- Created CAD models for the counterweight and lever of the elevator.
- Found a way to check whether a player's inputted answer is correct according to our model.
Graphics Team: Jenny and Ashley
- Modeled the elevator to be fixed using pieces that CAD Team has completed.
- Modeled both levels of the Level 2 environment: The Warehouse.
- Completed a toxic waste waterfall animation using the Water FX Package in Unity.
- Wrote a script to animate the lights throughout all the levels to flicker.
- Modeled the gas tank, teleporter, wooden palette, and railing objects for Level 2.
- Worked with me to model Level 2, Warehouse room.
- Modeled the lights in Unity to be incorporated in all Levels.
Graphics team has laughed and joked through the challenges and confusions of stubborn models to emerge stronger and more eager to plow on to the next Level. Laughs all around!
Player controls has advanced steadily with our player now being able to walk up the models that Ashley and I created! Despite some bumps in the road with a stubborn Unity and our ground turning into an interesting shade of brown, Arun has remained strong and determined to continue!
- Planned and placed all models to create the floor layout of Level 1.
- Completed a framework for switching between states of the game.
- Added a "Pick-Up" function where player can pick up objects when found (ex: Picking up CAD Pad).
- Combined his Level scripts with Kiana's GUI scripts successfully.
Special Guests: Peter and Shakeena
Peter (left) has helped us create piping for the game throughout the week and Shakeena (right) has been a great help to the CAD team in creating several models.
This week's number one savior in times of stress and frustration was definitely the Sour Patch Kids candies that we have been demolishing over the past 2 days. (We have eaten over a hundred Sour Patch Kids in that time!)